- Elevation: 3600 feet
- Distance: 38 kms end to end
- Difficulty: Beginner
The Westbench Trail is a beautiful ride for families, breaking in new sleds or for when the avalanche conditions are to hazardous to go elsewhere.
Grooming is as needed, but often once per week. Check our weekly grooming reports for more information.
- Trail fees are being collected at the gate (Gorman or Quartz)
- $25.00/sled per day.Credit card, flash debit, apple pay or cash accepted.
- GSC memberships available.
- More information on our Trail Fees page
Parking is available at either the Quartz Creek or Gorman Lake staging areas.
The Westbench Trail opened in 2012, completed in 2014 and had additional work to allow for grooming with even less snow cover in 2018.
Note: When leaving the Gorman trailhead, there is a right hand turn about 8km up the Gorman Lake trail at the big timberframe sign – turn off here to take the Westbench trail and to avoid heading up to the advanced riding area of Gorman Lake.