- Elevation: 8300 feet
- Distance: 63 kms to Alpine
- Difficulty: Beginner to Advanced
- Road is plowed until the 46km mark.
- Please check the Avalanche forecast for South Columbia and the Purcells before heading out to this zone.
- Make sure your group has avalanche skills & equipment when playing in the backcountry.
- Grooming for Silent Pass is every Thursday night and Saturday nights as needed.
- Trail fees are being collected at the gate
- $25.00/sled per day. CASH ONLY
- GSC memberships available.
- More information on our Trail Fees page
Wide logging road access. Rolling hills in the alpine area. ALL ABILITIES. Trail through trees can be tough at beginning of season.
CAUTION! There is active logging 7 DAYS A WEEK! Fines will be given for erratic driving or driving sleds on the road. Please use extreme caution and DO NOT PASS. Vehicles pulled over have radios and may be aware of oncoming logging trucks!!
Silent Pass snowmobile users: Watch for industrial traffic . Radio communication recommended. Please park at the 46 km parking area if you are accessing the McMurdo/Silent Pass area. Do not impede industrial traffic. Logging trucks are travelling the Summit Lake Road (21km) and other roads along the Spillimacheen River Road. All non radio controlled snowmobile road traffic must not pass vehicles going up or down the road including those that have pulled over. A pulled over vehicle may be waiting for a logging truck to pass.
All users accessing McMurdo cabin via the groomed trail must pay a trail fee or be a club member. The McMurdo cabin is not a day use cabin and can be booked for overnight use via the Columbia Valley Hut Society.
Note: The Parson Store is selling gas including premium gas and diesel.